The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- Tariff set by the government until 31st December, 2011: USD $250 per person per night halt.
From 2012, the government has announced that tariff structure would be as follows:
- March – May and September – November: USD $250 per person per night halt.
- January-February and June-August and December: USD $250 per person per night halt.
The minimum price includes:
- accommodation in tourist standard hotels and lodges
- meals ( buffet)
- all travel with a licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- all internal transport
- camping Equipment and Haulage for trekking tours ( tents, mats, meals, horses for luggage, trekking staff)
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided / asked for.
Hotels and lodges for international tourist accommodation are approved and updated from time to time by Tourism Council Bhutan (TCB).
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over Tourist information and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual USD $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons USD $30 per person per night.
a) There shall be no charge for children up to the age of 05 years. However, children below 12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians is also exempted from the royalty on daily rates.
b) Full time students below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount (tariff is US$ 183.75 per day) on daily rates.
c) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people.
100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
d) A duration discount of USD. 20.00 from the 9th night.
e) Visitors availing discounts under Sections a), b) & c) shall not be eligible for discount under.