- Duration: 17 Days
- Season: Any Season
- Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangdue Phodrang, Trongsa, Bumthang, Mongar, Trashigang, Trashi Yangts, Samdrup Jongkhar
Ideal for those who want to discover the true Bhutan, this ultimate cultural tour explores the cultural valleys of the west, spiritual central Bhutan & the rugged east. Journey Across Bhutan traverses incredible landscapes of high mountain passes with incredible Himalayan views, mixed forests, beautiful countryside and Alpine meadows rich with diverse flora and fauna. Beginning in the gentle valley of Paro, home to the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest), you will visit ancient fortresses, sacred monasteries, remote temples, farm houses, palaces and monastic schools across the country to the eastern border town of Samdrup Jongkhar. This is a special and unique tour is designed for the enthusiastic traveller with a longer holiday program in mind and a desire to discover the true Bhutan. Journey Across Bhutan can also operate Paro – Trashigang – Paro.
Arrival at Paro International Airport. You will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day exercusion to Chelela Pass and Keeli Nunnery. Overnight stay at Paro.
Paro sightseeing including hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery. Afternoon, drive to Thimphu. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
- Driving time from Paro to Thimphu: 1 hour
Thimphu sightseeing. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Thimphu Sightseeing – afternoon, drive to Wangdue phodrang. Overnight stay at Wangdue phodrang.
- Driving time from Thimphu to Wangdiphodrang: 2 1/2 hours
Punakha sightseeing. Overnight stay at Wangdiphodrang.
- Driving time from Wangdiphodrang to Punakha: 30 minutes
Morning, drive to Trongsa. Trongsa sightseeing in the afternoon. Overnight stay at Trongsa.
- Driving time from Wangdiphodrang to Trongsa: 4 hours
Morning, visit to Kuengarabten Palace, and then further drive to Bumthang. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
- Driving time from Trongsa – Bumthang: 2 hours
Bumthang sightseeing. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
Drive to Tang Valley. Overnight stay at Orgyencholing Guest House.
Morning, visit Orgyencholing Museum, the first private museum in Bhutan. Then further drive to Mongar. Overnight stay at Mongar.
- Driving time Tang, Bumthang – Mongar: 8 1/2hours
Day excursion to Lhuntse. Overnight stay at Mongar.
- Driving time from Mongar to Lhuntse: 3 hours
Mongar sightseeing in the morning then drive to Tashigang. Overnight stay at Tashigang.
- Driving time from Mongar to Tashigang: 4 hours
Day excursion to Tashi Yangtse and visit Chorten Koran and Ghom Kora Monastery. Overnight stay Tashigang.
- Driving time from Tashigang to Tashi Yangtse: 1 1/2 hours
Cultural hike to Rhadi Village. Overnight stay at Tashigang.
Drive from Tashigang to Samdrup Jongkhar.
- Driving time from Tashigang to Samdrup Jongkhar: 6 hours
Drive to Guwahati Airport for departure to Delhi/Kolkata.